Handbook of Dialysis
Overview - The updated 5thedition of the Handbook of Dialysis is full of evidence-based, practical information on all aspects of dialysis training and therapy. Authored by international nephrology experts, each chapter addresses a different area of the clinical realities of patient management. Read more...
In Stock Online.
Free Shipping is not available for this item.
New & Used Marketplace 26 copies from $21.95
More About Handbook of Dialysis by M.D. John T. Daugirdas; Peter G. Blake; Todd S. Ing
The updated 5thedition of theHandbook of Dialysisis full of evidence-based, practical information on all aspects of dialysis training and therapy. Authored by international nephrology experts, each chapter addresses a different area of the clinical realities of patient management. Topics include screening, diagnosis and management of dialysis patients, including diagnostic work-ups, patient safety, and patient monitoring issues in acute dialysis and hemodialysis cases. This is the essential dialysis manual, filled with up-to-date dialysis information, including preparation, procedures, surgery, problems and side-effects.
- NEWexpanded coverage of vascular access placement and management
- NEWdiscussion of urgent start peritoneal dialysis
- NEWchapter on practical implementation of sorbent dialysis
- NEWupdated section on home and intensive hemodialysis therapies
- Coverage of topics including: peritoneal dialysis, acute dialysis, hemodiafiltration, home and intensive dialysis, blood-based therapies, the physiology of peritoneal dialysis, diabetes, hypertension, optimal management of anemia, infections, nutrition, mineral bone disorder, and much more
- Quick-reference outline format
- Content illustrated with tables, diagrams and charts
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick-reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use