The Handbook of Employee Benefits and Administration provides HR managers, consultants, and students and scholars in public administration with a comprehensive overview of this critical employee component. Respected experts in government and academia delve into an exploration of all major benefits, including retirement and healthcare, with a specific emphasis on growing concerns and trends within the public sector.
Satisfying the demand for authoritative research on HR Management, this book provides analysis and insight on the most pressing areas of concerns, including:
- Public employee benefits--examines ethical principles and economic considerations; compares federal employee benefits to those of the private sector
- Health and retirement benefits -- explores the changing environment of state and local government pensions and retirement planning in the US and UK; compares public and private sector wage and health benefit compensation
- Financial management--considers growing challenges and the trend towards outsourcing
- Contemporary benefits--discusses emerging opportunities, such as higher education and domestic partner benefits
Featuring keen analysis and concise summaries in each chapter, this exhaustive reference offers public policy administrators and researchers the information and insight needed to shape future discussions of benefit packages for public employees.
- ISBN-13: 9781420051926
- ISBN-10: 142005192X
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Publish Date: April 2008
- Page Count: 426
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 6 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
Series: Public Administration and Public Policy