The practical companion to "Teaching Students with Dyslexia and Dysgraphia," these step-by-step lessons
- Deliver positive results in brief interventions. These are the only lessons of their kind that are proven effective by brain research studies.
- Use multiple learning mechanisms to keep children engaged and responsive to instruction
- Help students improve in multiple subject areas. Lessons show how to incorporate reading and writing in science and social studies content areas of the curricula.
- Make it easy to incorporate research-based instruction into classrooms to meet the needs of ALL students
- Teach children to integrate writing and reading within a writers workshop or writing/readers workshop
- Are detailed but not rigid. Though highly organized and pre-planned, the lessons are flexible and encourage teachers to monitor each student's individual response to instruction, so they can make adjustments as needed.
- Inspire students with encouraging "hope stories" about overcoming adversity
Each ready-to-use lesson is complete with teacher materials and student materials. The teacher materials give educators warmup exercises that target key skills, simple activities with clear and detailed descriptions, and adaptable sample scripts that help them elicit student responses. And with the student materials, teachers will have photocopiable worksheets that help children sharpen their skills in creative, engaging ways. Meet the needs of students with
- dyslexiaa impaired word decoding and spelling
- dysgraphia-impaired handwriting
- oral and written language learning disability (OWL LD)-impaired reading comprehension and word reading
This item is Non-Returnable.