Here are 85 recipes for cheeses and other dairy products that require basic cheese making techniques and the freshest of ingredients, offering the satisfaction of turning out a coveted delicacy.Read more...
FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
Customers Also Bought
- Hawke's Special Forces Surv...
- Home Cheese Making
- Root Cellaring
- The Ultimate Guide to Homes...
- Cookin' with Home Storage
- Artisan Bread in Five Minut...
- The Farmer's Cookbook
Marie W. Lawrence
- The Complete Guide to Sausa...
- The Sausage Cookbook Bible
- The Big Book of Preserving ...
Carol W. Costenbader
Paperback - Revised Ed.
- Storey's Guide to Keeping H...
Richard E. Bonney
- Mini Farming
Brett L. Markham
- Storey's Guide to Raising S...
- Storey's Guide to Raising D...
- More About Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll; Laura WerlinOverviewThe classic home cheese making primer has been updated and revised to reflect the increased interest in artisanal-quality cheeses and the availability of cheese making supplies and equipment.
Here are 85 recipes for cheeses and other dairy products that require basic cheese making techniques and the freshest of ingredients, offering the satisfaction of turning out a coveted delicacy. Among the step-by-step tested recipes for cheese varieties are farmhouse cheddar, gouda, fromage blanc, queso blanco, marscarpone, ricotta, and 30-minute mozzarella. Recipes for dairy products include crFme frafche, sour cream, yogurt, keifer, buttermilk, and clotted cream. There are also 60 recipes for cooking with cheese, including such treats as Ricotta Pancakes with Banana Pecan Syrup, Cream Cheese Muffins, Broiled Pears and Vermont Shepherd Cheese, Prosciutto and Cheese Calzones, and Grilled Vegetable Stacks with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Profiles of home cheese makers and artisan cheese makers scattered throughout the text share the stories of people who love to make and eat good cheese. Plus information on how to enjoy homemade cheeses, how to serve a cheese course at home, cheese tips, lore, quotes, cheese making glossary, and more.