Everywhere you go, you see gyms, videos, and books about exercise, advertising how they can help you get in shape fast and easy.Read more...
Everywhere you go, you see gyms, videos, and books about exercise, advertising how they can help you get in shape fast and easy. You've probably even put some money down before, vowing that THIS was the year you'd get in shape, lose that extra weight, and become the energetic person you know is hiding inside you. Unfortunately, life happens, and you fall into the habit of "I'll start tomorrow."
Your motivation drops, and your self-discipline fails to push you through to achieve your goals. You begin to make excuses: you'll be really sore after working out, it's been too long since you've last exercised, you don't have willpower, your friends and family tell you to be happy with how you are, you think you're too weak, inflexible or otherwise unfit for exercise, and many more. There was that one time you started a program, but you couldn't keep up with the weekly or monthly goals, so you got frustrated and gave up.
All of that has added up to make you think you're incapable of starting and continuing an exercise program. You're afraid you aren't mentally or physically strong enough, but still hold out the hope that someday a magic pill will change all that.
The magic exists today, but it's not as easy or fast as swallowing a pill. However, it can be simple and enjoyable. "How to Build Self-Discipline to Exercise" is a concise, practical guidebook on how to introduce and keep exercise in your life. Inside, you'll learn:
- why the most common type of motivation people use to exercise is usually ineffective (and which types of motivation are much stronger)
- the wrong "P" that will lead you to giving up when you face obstacles
- how to overcome procrastination and finally start exercising - including a slightly uncomfortable trick that will ensure you'll get plenty of exercise
- how to find time to exercise despite a hectic schedule (and surprising math that shows you actually lose time when you don't make time for exercise)
- practical tricks and tips to stay motivated forever, even when you encounter obstacles
- how to enjoy exercise while still getting the most powerful benefits of it (hint: if your workout involves "work," it's not a good workout)
- how to prevent injuries, improve recovery, and handle the inevitable muscle soreness so you stick to exercise even if your body acts against you
- how to deal with other people, wrong expectations, and negativity (from both your surroundings and yourself in the form of self-criticism or self-doubt)
When put together and acted upon, the six chapters in this book - supported by over 80 references to scientific studies and credible experts - will help you form a new habit and make one of the most important changes you'll ever make in your life.
Purchase the book now and let's embark on the journey to learn how.
- ISBN-13: 9781523963126
- ISBN-10: 1523963123
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
- Publish Date: February 2016
- Page Count: 164
- Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 0.38 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds