How to Plan, Contract, and Build Your Own Home , fifth edition, gives you the information you need during every step of the homebuilding process--from selecting materials to designing the rooms to working with a contractor.Read more...
How to Plan, Contract, and Build Your Own Home, fifth edition, gives you the information you need during every step of the homebuilding process--from selecting materials to designing the rooms to working with a contractor. Featuring practical, cost-effective ways of planning, designing, and building energy-efficient homes, the book presents money- and energy-saving options in every chapter.
This thoroughly revised reference explains how you can implement many of the green construction strategies that make up the U.S. Green Building Council's award-winning Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) guidelines. Written by experienced instructors and builders, this is the most complete planning and homebuilding resource available.
Learn how to:
- Select the building site that best suits your project
- Determine floor plans and types of construction, foundations, framing, and finishing
- Use energy-efficient electric, lighting, heating, cooling, and insulation
- Choose the best quality floors, wall coverings, fixtures, and appliances for your budget
- Integrate green construction systems, components, and materials throughout your home
- Include amenities such as decks, patios, gazebos, sidewalks, and driveways
- Find and work with an established, skilled, and reliable contractor
- ISBN-13: 9780071603300
- ISBN-10: 0071603301
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- Publish Date: July 2010
- Page Count: 894
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.6 x 1.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds
Series: How to Plan