Over half of large-scale engineering and constructionprojects--off-shore oil platforms, chemical plants, metalsprocessing, dams, and similar projects--have miserably poorresults.Read more...
Over half of large-scale engineering and constructionprojects--off-shore oil platforms, chemical plants, metalsprocessing, dams, and similar projects--have miserably poorresults. These include billions of dollars in overruns, long delaysin design and construction, and poor operability once finallycompleted.
Industrial Megaprojects gives you a clear, nontechnicalunderstanding of why these major projects get into trouble, and howyour company can prevent hazardous and costly errors whenundertaking such large technical and management challenges.
- Clearly explains the underlying causes of over-budget, delayed, and unsafe megaprojects
- Examines effects of poor project management, destructive teambehaviors, weak accountability systems, short-term focus, and lackof investment in technical expertise
- Author is the CEO of the leading consulting firm for evaluatingbillion-dollar projects
Companies worldwide are rethinking their large-scale projects.Industrial Megaprojects is your essential guide for thisrethink, offering the tools and principles that are the truefoundation of safe, cost-effective, successful megaprojects.
- ISBN-13: 9780470938829
- ISBN-10: 047093882X
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publish Date: May 2011
- Page Count: 371
- Dimensions: 9.31 x 6.4 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.29 pounds