Over half of large-scale engineering and construction projects--off-shore oil platforms, chemical plants, metals processing, dams, and similar projects--have miserably poor results.Read more...
Over half of large-scale engineering and construction projects--off-shore oil platforms, chemical plants, metals processing, dams, and similar projects--have miserably poor results. These include billions of dollars in overruns, long delays in design and construction, and poor operability once finally completed.
Industrial Megaprojects gives you a clear, nontechnical understanding of why these major projects get into trouble, and how your company can prevent hazardous and costly errors when undertaking such large technical and management challenges.
- Clearly explains the underlying causes of over-budget, delayed, and unsafe megaprojects
- Examines effects of poor project management, destructive team behaviors, weak accountability systems, short-term focus, and lack of investment in technical expertise
- Author is the CEO of the leading consulting firm for evaluating billion-dollar projects
Companies worldwide are rethinking their large-scale projects. Industrial Megaprojects is your essential guide for this rethink, offering the tools and principles that are the true foundation of safe, cost-effective, successful megaprojects.
- ISBN-13: 9780470938829
- ISBN-10: 047093882X
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
- Publish Date: May 2011
- Page Count: 371
- Dimensions: 9.31 x 6.4 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.29 pounds