- Manage your energy for optimal engagement
- Create an emotional ecosystem for charisma
- Establish introverted intimacy
- Cultivate communication skills for quiet types As a "professional" charismatic introvert, author Michaela Chung demonstrates that you no longer have to forcefully push yourself outward into the world against your nature, but can rather magnetize people inward toward the true you. In the process, you'll learn to embrace your "innie life" and discover potential you never knew you had.
- ISBN-13: 9781510704787
- ISBN-10: 1510704787
- Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
- Publish Date: July 2016
- Page Count: 216
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.4 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.55 pounds
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2016-05-09
- Reviewer: Staff
Life coach Chung educates her fellow introverts on how to effectively use their innate strengths while making slight behavioral adjustments to achieve self-esteem and earn respect from others. On a mission to combat a perceived social “bias toward extroversion” where gregariousness is rewarded and the more withdrawn are unappreciated or ostracized, Chung celebrates the introvert’s natural magnetism, loyalty, intuition, and empathy. She covers coping skills for introverts to cultivate, such as creating time and space to retreat and recharge, and tips to “extend our social batteries” to get the most out of social activities without becoming overstimulated. For those struggling with emotional roadblocks, she suggests creative expression and clever mental tricks of personification. She also discusses some introversion-specific problems surrounding intimacy and how to overcome them. Exercises show readers how to “perform an energy audit,” identify their own goals and desires apart from societal norms, and project when speaking. With public interest in introversion currently on the upswing, this is a useful all-purpose guide, particularly for younger readers who have not had the life experience to develop these skills on their own. (July)