Java 9 for Programmers
Overview - The professional programmer's Deitel(R) guide to Java(R) 9 and the powerful Java platform Written for programmers with a background in another high-level language, this book applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the Java(R) 9 language and APIs in depth. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 26 copies from $35.18
More About Java 9 for Programmers by Paul J. Deitel; Harvey Deitel
The professional programmer's Deitel(R) guide to Java(R) 9 and the powerful Java platform Written for programmers with a background in another high-level language, this book applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the Java(R) 9 language and APIs in depth. The book presents concepts in fully tested programs, complete with code walkthroughs, syntax shading, code highlighting and program outputs. It features hundreds of complete Java 9 programs with thousands of lines of proven code, and hundreds of software-development tips that will help you build robust applications. Start with an introduction to Java using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including JavaFX GUI, graphics, animation and video, exception handling, lambdas, streams, functional interfaces, object serialization, concurrency, generics, generic collections, database with JDBC(TM) and JPA, and compelling new Java 9 features, such as the Java Platform Module System, interactive Java with JShell (for discovery, experimentation and rapid prototyping) and more. You'll enjoy the Deitels' classic treatment of object-oriented programming and the object-oriented design ATM case study, including a complete Java implementation. When you're finished, you'll have everything you need to build industrial-strength, object-oriented Java 9 applications. New Java(R) 9 Features
- Java(R) 9's Platform Module System
- Interactive Java via JShell--Java 9's REPL
- Collection Factory Methods, Matcher Methods, Stream Methods, JavaFX Updates, Using Modules in JShell, Completable Future Updates, Security Enhancements, Private Interface Methods and many other language and API updates.
- Classes, Objects, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces
- Composition vs. Inheritance, "Programming to an Interface not an Implementation"
- Lambdas, Sequential and Parallel Streams, Functional Interfaces with Default and Static Methods, Immutability
- JavaFX GUI, 2D and 3D Graphics, Animation, Video, CSS, Scene Builder
- Files, I/O Streams, XML Serialization
- Concurrency for Optimal Multi-Core Performance, JavaFX Concurrency APIs
- Generics and Generic Collections
- Recursion, Database (JDBC(TM) and JPA)
- Contact the authors at: [email protected]
- Join the Deitel social media communities
LinkedIn(R) at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn
Facebook(R) at facebook.com/DeitelFan
Twitter(R) at twitter.com/deitel
YouTube(TM) at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel (R) Buzz e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/subscribe.html
- For source code and updates, visit: www.deitel.com/books/Java9FP