FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
Customers Also Bought
- The Way
- Choose Joy
- The Beginner's Bible
- 24 Hours That Changed the W...
- The House of Hades
- Walking the Road to Bethlehem
- Take Five
- Life Application Study Bibl...
Tyndale House Publishers
- Life Application Study Bibl...
Not Available (NA)
Paperback - Expanded Ed.
- iPad 2 All-In-One for Dummies
- Revelation of the Magi
- The Dog Who Healed a Family
- Twelve Ordinary Men
- The Pacific
- More About The Journey by Adam HamiltonOverviewJourney with Adam Hamilton as he travels from Nazareth to Bethlehem in this fascinating look at the birth of Jesus Christ. As he did with Jesus' crucifixion in24 Hours That Changed the World, Hamilton once again approaches a world-changing event with thoughtfulness. Using historical information, archaeological data, and a personal look at some of the stories surrounding the birth, the most amazing moment in history will become more real and heart-felt as you walk along this road. Read The Journey on your own or, for a more in-depth study, enjoy it with a small group. Also available: The Journey: A Season of Reflections The Journey: DVD with Leader Guide The Journey: Youth Edition The Journey: Children's Edition This book may be the greatest Christmas present of the year. Adam thoughtfully, movingly walks us through what really happened when God touched this planet. The richness of the full story will touch your life as well. John Ortberg, author of The Me I Want to Be: Becoming God s Best Version of You If you think you know the story of Jesus birth, think again This wonderful book sets us on a journey to the times and characters of Christmas so that we experience the birth of Christ in our lives in a new way. Joel C. Hunter, author of Church Distributed Adam is a pastor who has clearly walked in the footsteps of the Master. This is a timely Christmas gift for a friend no matter where he or she is along the journey. Rich Nathan, coauthor of Empowered Evangelicals 'Adam Hamilton is one of the finest pastors I know. In addition, his books have long been favorites of mine. The Journey: Walking the Road to Bethlehem will soon be a favorite of yours. Complete with a 28 day devotional and videos filmed in the Holy Land this will add a new depth and joy to your Christmas season." Bill Hybels Senior pastor, Willow Creek Community Church Chairman of Board, Willow Creek Association
Publishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2011-08-08
- Reviewer: Staff
It is undoubtedly a challenge to bring a fresh perspective to biblical texts that many Christians have heard in church and read countless times. But Hamilton (24 Hours That Changed the World), founding pastor of the Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kans., brings careful research, the perspective of an experienced minister, and an eye for detail to his work that will appeal to many. Beginning with the Gospel reading appropriate to his meditation, he draws on historical information as well as his own travels to take the reader on a spiritual walk, beginning with the angel Gabriel’s annunciation to Mary that she will bear God’s son and ending with the birth of Jesus in a manger in Bethlehem. Threaded with the stories of people he met along his way, and of others who have represented God’s purposes in his own life, Hamilton also attempts to separate biblical facts, from a Protestant point of view, from traditions he appears to consider more speculative. While the writer doesn’t break much new ground, the book serves as an inviting window into familiar texts that many Christians may be at risk for taking for granted—always a helpful exercise. (Sept.)