Teachers and parents know that teaching is more effective when kids are having fun. Rick Walton's Language Adventures Series combines entertainment and education with eight newly revised picture books that cleverly teach grammar and usage.Read more...
Customers Also Bought
Teachers and parents know that teaching is more effective when kids are having fun. Rick Walton's Language Adventures Series combines entertainment and education with eight newly revised picture books that cleverly teach grammar and usage. Kids will love the silly stories, funny illustrations, and witty wordplay. Teachers and parents will love the new features: definitions at the beginning of the book and activities at the end that allow kids to apply what they've learned.
Titles in the series include
- Around the House, the Fox Chased the Mouse: Adventures in Prepositions
- Bullfrog Pops: Adventures in Verbs and Objects
- Herd of Cows, Flock of Sheep: Adventures in Collective Nouns
- Just Me and 6,000 Rats: Adventures in Conjunctions
- Once There Was a Bull . . . (Frog): Adventures in Compound Words
- Pig Pigger Piggest: Adventures in Comparing
- Suddenly Alligator: Adventures in Adverbs
- Why the Banana Split: Adventures in Idioms
Rick Walton is the author of more than sixty children's books, including this best-selling language arts series. His books have been featured on the IRA Children's Choice list, Reading Rainbow, and CBS This Morning.
More than 150,000 copies sold
Conjunction-junction, what's your function? Author Rick Walton knows, and he's delivered another delightful children's book in the language arts series to teach budding new readers all about them. Conjunctions are used to link words, phrases, and clauses, but who knew that they could be so clever
-After the game we decided to see a play. The city is famous for its plays. We entered the theater. We had trouble finding just the right seats, AS . . .
. . . all the seats were already filled, SO . . .
. . . we sat on people's laps. We don't know why everyone decided to leave early, THOUGH. . .
. . . it might have been that the show was about cats. Who wants to see a show about cats? We left the theater.And then the rats saw the sign, -Museum of Fine Arts-. Rats don't read well. They insisted we go in BECAUSE . . . . . . they thought it said, -Museum of Fine Rats.-
- ISBN-13: 9781423620761
- ISBN-10: 1423620763
- Publisher: Gibbs Smith Publishers
- Publish Date: March 2011
- Page Count: 36
- Reading Level: Ages 5-8
- Dimensions: 10.52 x 9.02 x 0.14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.47 pounds
Series: Language Adventures Book