In Keto Kid: Helping Your Child Succeed on the Ketogenic Diet, Deborah Snyder, a family physician and mother of a four-year-old, keto kid, provides compassionate advice for parents transitioning to a lifestyle where one extra bite of food can have serious repercussions on a child's health.
This unique book gives readers all the facts about the day-to-day management of the diet, while communicating the emotional struggle encountered by children when they mourn the loss of their favorite foods, and must learn rigid self-denial at a very young age.
Topics covered include:
- Recipes for keto-friendly meals, and tips for making this limited diet more interesting
- Managing deeply food-oriented occasions like holidays and parties
- Time-saving strategies, such as pre-weighing and freezing meals
- Dealing with the emotional loss of a child's favorite foods
- A day-by-day account of life on the ketogenic diet, in diary form
- And much more
Snyder is calm, direct, and above all, hopeful. Keto Kid is a practical guide that will enable families to successfully master the ketogenic diet, while making the experience as pleasant as possible for both child and parent.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781932603293
- ISBN-10: 1932603298
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing
- Publish Date: November 2006
- Page Count: 159
- Dimensions: 8.98 x 6.04 x 0.47 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.54 pounds