Al-Kitaab Part One is the second book in the Al-Kitaab Arabic language program and is now available in an extensively revised and reorganized third edition. This book with its companion website develops skills in formal and colloquial Arabic, including reading, listening, speaking, writing, and cultural knowledge, integrating materials in colloquial and formal/written Arabic.Read more...
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used Marketplace
Al-Kitaab Part One is the second book in the Al-Kitaab Arabic language program and is now available in an extensively revised and reorganized third edition. This book with its companion website develops skills in formal and colloquial Arabic, including reading, listening, speaking, writing, and cultural knowledge, integrating materials in colloquial and formal/written Arabic. It provides a comprehensive program for students in the early stages of learning Arabic.
FEATURES- Four-color design throughout the book with over 100 illustrations and photographs
- Color-coded words and phrases throughout to easily follow the variety or varieties of Arabic you want to learn--Egyptian, Levantine, or formal Arabic
- Introduces over 400 vocabulary words in all three forms of Arabic side by side
- Presents the story of Maha and Khalid in Egyptian, and now Nasreen and Tariq in Levantine, in addition to Maha and Khalid in formal Arabic
- Expanded grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences
- New video dialogues from everyday life in both Egyptian and Levantine to reinforce vocabulary in culturally-rich contexts
- Develops reading comprehension skills with new authentic texts
- Reinforces learning through extensive classroom activities and homework exercises that provide constant review
- Includes Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index
- Reduced from 20 chapters to 13 chapters, the course now more closely corresponds to two semesters of college study with an average of 4-5 contact hours per week
- Textbook includes a convenient DVD with the basic audio and video materials (no interactive exercises) for offline study that will play in iTunes and compatible MP3 players
- New companion website (sold separately)--alkitaabtextbook.com--features fully integrated interactive, self-correcting exercises, all the audio and video materials, and additional online course management and grading options for teachers Al-Kitaab Part One, Third Edition provides 125 contact (classroom) hours with approximately 250 homework hours. Students who complete Part One should reach an intermediate-mid level of proficiency.
This item is Non-Returnable.