Kyoto and Nara Tuttle Travel Pack Guide + Map : Your Guide to Kyoto's Best Sights for Every Budget
Overview - The only guide you'll need for getting around Kyoto & Nara. Everything you need is in this one convenient package--including a large pull-out map This brand new Japan travel guide by award-winning author Rob Goss, a longtime Japan resident, is designed for people with limited time. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 19 copies from $6.44
More About Kyoto and Nara Tuttle Travel Pack Guide + Map by Rob Goss
The only guide you'll need for getting around Kyoto & Nara. Everything you need is in this one convenient package--including a large pull-out map This brand new Japan travel guide by award-winning author Rob Goss, a longtime Japan resident, is designed for people with limited time. It covers not only the unique UNESCO World Heritage sites but also bustling Nishiki-koji street market and many smaller shrines and temples where enchanting moss and tree gardens lie hidden behind high stone walls. The list of things to do and see in Kyoto and Nara is literally endless, which is why you need an experienced author to point the way. Key features of this travel pack include:
- Kyoto and Nara's Best Sights highlights the top 11 things to see and do, from strolling the meditative grounds of Ginkaku-ji temple and contemplating the cryptic design of Ryoan-ji's Zen rock garden to exploring the bamboo grove in Arashiyama and enlivening the senses with a wander around Nishiki-koji food market.
- Exploring Kyoto and Nara takes you deep into the two former capitals with eight day-by-day guides, one day starting with a walk among the teahouses and geisha-houses of Gion and finishing in the sprawling grounds of Nijo Castle; other days taking in sights such as the gilded temple of Kinkaku-ji and the gardens of Daitoku-ji, or exploring the cluster of UNESCO World Heritage sites in Nara.
- Author's Recommendations gives specific details on the best hotels and restaurants; the most kid-friendly activities; the best nightspots; the top shopping areas; the best museums and galleries; the best cultural experiences, and the best festivals.
- Travel Practicalities provides essential information to make your trip go smoothly, from useful Japanese phrases and websites to information on money, transportation, travel visas, and much more.
- ISBN-13: 9784805311790
- ISBN-10: 4805311797
- Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
- Publish Date: September 2016
- Page Count: 96
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.2 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.55 pounds
Series: Travel Guide & Map