Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an innovative tutorial designed for busy administrators. Even if you have no prior exposure to IIS, you can follow the crisp explanations, examples, and exercises in this concise, easy-to-read book.Read more...
Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an innovative tutorial designed for busy administrators. Even if you have no prior exposure to IIS, you can follow the crisp explanations, examples, and exercises in this concise, easy-to-read book. Just set aside one hour a day--lunchtime would be perfect--for a month, and you'll be managing, securing, and automating IIS administrative tasks faster than you thought possible.
About this Book
When your website slows to a crawl or Exchange stops sending internet mail, you have to get things working again. Fast. IIS is the communication gateway for most Microsoft servers as well as the primary technology for publishing web sites. Learning to manage it effectively means you can keep your systems running smoothly and go home on time.
Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an innovative tutorial designed for busy administrators. Follow the crisp explanations, examples, and exercises in this concise, easy-to-read book, and you'll be managing, securing, and automating IIS faster than you thought possible. You'll start with IIS fundamentals, and then systematically explore web farm design, website management, and high availability, along with practices to keep your Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, and Lync servers running smoothly.
Written for anyone who needs to manage IIS, whether you're an IT pro or a reluctant administrator.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- 24 bite-sized lessons with practice examples
- High-value troubleshooting techniques
- No previous IIS experience assumed
About the AuthorJason Helmick is a professional trainer and consultant specializing in Active Directory and IIS. He's the founder of the Arizona PowerShell User Group.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Deploying the web server
- Exploring and launching a website
- Managing application pools
- Adding more websites to your server
- What every administrator should know about web applications
- Securing your sites and web applications
- Securing the server
- Protecting data with certificates
- FTP and SMTP with IIS
- Sharing administrative responsibilities through remote management
- Optimizing sites for users and search engines
- Building a web farm with Microsoft Network Load Balancing
- Building a web farm with Application Request Routing
- High availability for ARR using Microsoft NLB
- Sharing content and configuration to the web farm
- Sharing IIS configurations for a web farm
- Using the central certificate store for certificate management
- Web farm provisioning with the Web Farm Framework
- Disaster recovery for IIS
- The final exam
- Never the end
- IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
- Lab setup guide
- ISBN-13: 9781617290978
- ISBN-10: 1617290971
- Publisher: Manning Publications
- Publish Date: January 2014
- Page Count: 343
- Dimensions: 9.11 x 7.53 x 0.77 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.34 pounds