FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceLife of Pi (Hardcover)
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH)$19.46Life of Pi (Hardcover - Deluxe Ed.)
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH)$15.96Life of Pi (Large Print Paperback)
Publisher: Random House Large Print Publishing$16.80
Customers Also Bought
- Their Eyes Were Watching God
Zora Neale Hurston
- The Scarlet Letter
Mass Market Paperback
Mass Market Paperback
- The Immortal Life of Henrie...
- It's Kind of a Funny Story
- Agenda 21
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7 - Th...
- The Secret Life of Bees
Sue Monk Kidd
- Complete Stories and Poems ...
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Silver Linings Playbook...
- The Perks of Being a Wallfl...
- The Great Gatsby
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jek...
Robert Louis Stevenson
Paperback - Revised Ed.
- A Long Way Gone
- The Book Thief
- More About Life of Pi by Yann MartelOverviewThis brilliant novel combines the delight of Kipling's "Just So Stories" with the metaphysical adventure of "Jonah and the Whale, " as Pi, the son of a zookeeper, is marooned aboard a lifeboat with four wild animals. His knowledge and cunning allow him to coexist for 227 days with Richard Parker, a 450-pound Bengal tiger.
Books-A-Million Book Club September 2007 Selection
Life of Pi
Martel won the Man Booker Prize in 2002 for this wonderfully original novel, which recounts the remarkable life of Pi Patel. The son of a zookeeper, Pi is raised in Pondicherry, India, with a deep understanding of the natural world and a curiosity about religion that leads him from Hinduism to Christianity to Islam and beyond. When his father decides to move the family to Canada, they set off on a freighter, animals in tow. But a shipwreck leaves Pi drifting in the Pacific on a lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena and a Bengal tiger for company. Floating in the shark-filled water for 227 days, Pi somehow survives, battling starvation, the elements and his own worst fearsand befriending the tiger. Martel skillfully blends Pi's adventures of the mind and spirit with an unforgettable physical journey, making this a magical coming-of-age narrative.
A reading group guide is included in the book.