Our culture is self-obsessed - in our schedules, relationships, and especially online. (Can you say selfie?) But in this near-narcissism, people are less content than in decades past. Why? Because we forgot the joy that comes from putting others first.Read more...
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceListen. Love. Repeat. (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
Publisher: Zondervan on Brilliance Audio$19.99
Our culture is self-obsessed - in our schedules, relationships, and especially online. (Can you say selfie?) But in this near-narcissism, people are less content than in decades past. Why? Because we forgot the joy that comes from putting others first. Doing so requires us to live alert, listening for "heart drops," hints from those in our lives who need a helping hand or a generous dose of encouragement. Living alert lifts our own spirits, showing us that blessing others blesses us even more.
Listen, Love, Repeat offers biblical teaching and suggests doable actions that are simple, heart-tugging, sentimental, even sneaky and hilarious. This message:
- Presents scriptural examples of those who lived alert, including Jesus, who noticed those who least expected to be seen.
- Explains the role of good works for followers of Christ. They aren't our ticket to heaven but they are our marching orders on earth.
- Gives creative ideas for showing love to friends and family, and suggests practical ways to reach out to the lonely, the marginalized, the outcast, and the odd duck. Additionally, it helps you comfort the grieving, showing what you can do when you don't know what to say.
- Provides inspiration for blessing the "necessary people" in your life, those often-overlooked souls who help you get life done every day, and teaches you how to hug a porcupine by genuinely loving the hard-to-love.
As we scatter love, we create a safe space where we can openly share the gospel. We get to see lives changed right before our eyes. Most importantly, Listen, Love, Repeat will enable you to live a life that is full of kind deeds, not to selfishly shout, "Hey Look at me " but to humbly implore, "Will you look at Him?"
- ISBN-13: 9780310339670
- ISBN-10: 0310339677
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: November 2016
- Page Count: 256
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 pounds