Metalworking is an exciting field that's currently experiencing a shortage of qualified machinists--and there's no time like the present to capitalize on the recent surge in manufacturing and production opportunities.Read more...
Metalworking is an exciting field that's currently experiencing a shortage of qualified machinists--and there's no time like the present to capitalize on the recent surge in manufacturing and production opportunities. Covering everything from lathe operation to actual CNC programming, Machining For Dummies provides you with everything it takes to make a career for yourself as a skilled machinist.
Written by an expert offering real-world advice based on experience in the industry, this hands-on guide begins with basic topics like tools, work holding, and ancillary equipment, then goes into drilling, milling, turning, and other necessary metalworking processes. You'll also learn about robotics and new developments in machining technology that are driving the future of manufacturing and the machining market.
- Be profitable in today's competitive manufacturing environment
- Set up and operate a variety of computer-controlled and mechanically controlled machines
- Produce precision metal parts, instruments, and tools
- Become a part of an industry that's experiencing steady growth
Manufacturing is the backbone of America, and this no-nonsense guide will provide you with valuable information to help you get a foot in the door as a machinist.
- ISBN-13: 9781119426134
- ISBN-10: 1119426138
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: November 2017
- Page Count: 312
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.3 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.88 pounds