Management experts Lawler and Worley have developed a set ofmanagement principles that enable organizations to be bothsuccessful and responsible.Read more...
Management experts Lawler and Worley have developed a set ofmanagement principles that enable organizations to be bothsuccessful and responsible. Existing command & control andhigh-involvement management styles depend too much on stableconditions and focus too narrowly on economic outcomes. Theyconvincingly argue that we need to "reset" our approach tomanagement to one that fits today's demanding business environment.Starting with a change in how success is measured and a morerealistic view of risk, Lawler and Worley take us through howstrategy, governance, organization structure and talent should bemanaged. The result is an organization that can reliable producefinancial, social, and ecological results.
- Includes illustrative lessons from Microsoft, Cisco, Netflix, DaVita, Starbucks, Nokia, and the U.S. Secret Service
- Offers clear prescriptions for managers who want to organizefor sustainable performance effectiveness
- Lawler and Worley are the authors of the bestselling Builtto Change
Lawler and Worley outline why and how the current practice ofmanagement must change in order for organizations to achievesustained organizational effectiveness.
- ISBN-13: 9780470637982
- ISBN-10: 0470637986
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass Inc Pub
- Publish Date: March 2011
- Page Count: 336
- Dimensions: 1.25 x 6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds