As a practicing cardiologist, I am constantly encouraging my patients to adopt this diet. This book is an accessible, practical and informational tool that makes heart-healthy eating decisions easy. I m thankful to have this cookbook to share with patients to help them improve their lives.Read more...
As a practicing cardiologist, I am constantly encouraging my patients to adopt this diet. This book is an accessible, practical and informational tool that makes heart-healthy eating decisions easy. I m thankful to have this cookbook to share with patients to help them improve their lives.
Phillip R. Anderson III, MD, Clinical Interventional Cardiologist
Bring the ingredients and flavors inherent to the Mediterranean coast fruits, vegetables, pasta, olives, and beans straight to your kitchen table. Based on the heart-healthy principles of the Mediterranean diet, The Mediterranean Diet Plan offers simple yet deliciously indulgent recipes that decrease cholesterol levels, reduce risk of coronary heart disease, and help with weight loss.
Clinical nutrition expert Susan Zogheib has teamed up with the publisher of the bestselling titles Mediterranean Diet for Beginners and The Mediterranean Table to bring you the latest Mediterranean diet research and recipes in The Mediterranean Diet Plan: Heart-Healthy Recipes & Meal Plans for Every Type of Eater. In addition to offering delicious flavors, the Mediterranean diet has been proven an effective diet that encourages long lasting heart health. This book explains the science behind the Mediterranean diet and offers 100 indulgent recipes that decrease cholesterol levels, reduce risk of coronary heart disease, and support weight loss.
- Learn the Basics Fresh fruits and vegetables are low in fat, high in fiber, and rich in antioxidants. Whole grains contain nutrients and naturally occurring disease-fighting chemicals, while also increasing satiety. Olive oil the heart disease fighting superhero keeps bad cholesterol levels low and good cholesterol levels high.
- Pick Your Plan Four 4-week meal plans accommodate different dietary preferences or lifestyles, allowing you to take advantage of the many benefits of the Mediterranean diet with more ease and less stress. Choose from the following plan options: Traditional, Meatless, Seafood-Free, and 30-Minute "
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781623157579
- ISBN-10: 1623157579
- Publisher: Rockridge Press
- Publish Date: August 2016
- Page Count: 260
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds