Most people wouldn't expect a schoolteacher to amass a million-dollar investment account. But Andrew Hallam did so, long before the typical retirement age.Read more...
Most people wouldn't expect a schoolteacher to amass a million-dollar investment account. But Andrew Hallam did so, long before the typical retirement age. And now, with Millionaire Teacher, he wants to show you how to follow in his footsteps. With lively humor and the simple clarity you'd expect from a gifted educator, Hallam demonstrates how average people can build wealth in the stock market by shunning the investment products peddled by most financial advisors and avoiding the get-rich-quicker products concocted by an ever widening, self-serving industry.
Using low cost index funds, coupled with a philosophy in line with the one that made Warren Buffett a multi-billionaire, Hallam guides readers to understand how the stock and bond markets really work, arming you with a psychological advantage for when markets fall.
- Shows why young investors should hope for stock market crashes if they want to get rich
- Explains how you can spend just 60 minutes a year on your investments, never open a financial paper, avoid investment news, and still leave most professional investors in the dust
- Promotes a unique new investment methodology that combines low cost index funds and a Warren Buffett-esque investment philosophy
Millionaire Teacher explains how any middle-income individual can learn can learn the ABCs of personal finance and become a multi-millionaire, from a schoolteacher who has been there and done that.
- ISBN-13: 9780470830062
- ISBN-10: 0470830069
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Publish Date: November 2011
- Page Count: 184
- Dimensions: 0.5 x 5.75 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds