Of course that monster hiding under your bed when you were little didn't really exist. Vampires, werewolves, zombies, demons--they're simply figments of our imagination, right? After all, their existence has never been scientifically proven.Read more...
Of course that monster hiding under your bed when you were little didn't really exist. Vampires, werewolves, zombies, demons--they're simply figments of our imagination, right? After all, their existence has never been scientifically proven. But there is one giant problem with such an easy dismissal of these creepy creatures: people keep encountering them.
Join occult scholar John Michael Greer for a harrowing journey into the reality of the impossible. Combining folklore, Western magical philosophy, and actual field experience, Monsters: An Investigator's Guide to Magical Beings is required reading for both active and armchair monster hunters. Between these covers you'll find a chilling collection of fiendish facts and folklore, including:
- Why true vampires are the least attractive--and most destructive--of all monsters
- The five different kinds of ghosts
- Magical origins of the werewolf legends
- How to survive a chimera encounter (Jersey Devil, chupacabra, Mothman)
- The hidden connections between faery lore and UFOs
- Where dragons are found today
- How to investigate a monster sighting
- Natural and ritual magic techniques for dealing with hostile monsters
This 10th anniversary edition of the quintessential guide to magical beings features a new preface, new chapters on chimeras and zombies, and updates on werewolves, dragons, and the fae.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780738700502
- ISBN-10: 0738700509
- Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
- Publish Date: September 2001
- Page Count: 282
- Dimensions: 9.13 x 7.54 x 0.84 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.34 pounds