Mosaic of Thought Online Course available to all adopters of 25 copies or more of Mosaic of Thought , Second Edition.
Ellin Oliver Keene and Susan Zimmermann have returned with a new edition of Mosaic of Thought that features 70 percent new material.Read more...
Mosaic of Thought Online Course available to all adopters of 25 copies or more of Mosaic of Thought, Second Edition.
Ellin Oliver Keene and Susan Zimmermann have returned with a new edition of Mosaic of Thought that features 70 percent new material. When the first edition published ten years ago, Mosaic of Thought became a runaway best seller as the first book to explicitly describe the use and benefits of strategy-based comprehension instruction. Since then comprehension strategy instruction has exploded, leading to numerous inspiring variations on Mosaic's instructional principles, as well as a widening of the comprehension research base. Now the second edition offers up-to-the-minute insight for classroom teachers, literacy coaches, and school leaders everywhere, and reminds everyone of precisely what effective, long-lasting comprehension teaching looks like.
Mosaic of Thought, Second Edition, has been carefully revised and reflects Keene and Zimmermann's latest thinking. It's designed to help teachers implement practical, thoughtful ideas for teaching comprehension in contemporary classrooms through the seven core strategies that successful readers use to engage with texts.
Packed with new classroom examples, grounded in the latest research, and written in the same accessible tone as the first edition, reaffirms the essential elements of powerful comprehension teaching introduced in the first edition while adding and updating features, including:
- Key Ideas sections for each strategy that describe crucial comprehension concepts
- new classroom examples that show comprehension strategies put into action in dynamic, literature-rich, current classrooms
- new opening vignettes that illustrate the concepts students will learn through explorations of the thinking used by proficient adult readers
- new tools to help teachers create effective reader's workshops
- innovations from teachers around the country for fine tuning think-alouds and conferring practices
- new advice on long-term instructional planning.
- Keene and Zimmermann have also created an invaluable Q-and-A section with smart, informed responses to the questions that today's teachers most frequently ask about strategy-based teaching.
Whether you are just now joining the hundreds of thousands of teachers who have made Keene and Zimmermann their central resource for comprehension teaching, or whether you've relied on their advice for years, Mosaic of Thought, Second Edition, will change your literacy instruction-and possibly your own reading-forever. It's filled with vital, new information, new research, and proven practices. Read it today and give your students strategies for connecting with texts that will last a lifetime.