This straightforward guide breaks down their ten-thousand-plusyear history and explores their influence on European settlement ofthe continent. You'll gain fresh insight into the major tribalnations, their cultures and traditions, warfare and famous battles;and the lives of such icons as Pocahontas, Sitting Bull andSacagawea. You'll discover:
- How and when the Native American's ancestors reached thecontinent
- How tribes formed and where they migrated
- What North America was like before 1492
- How Native peoples maximized their environment
- Pre-Columbian farmers, fishermen, hunters, and traders
- The impact of Spain and France on the New World
- Great Warriors from Tecumseh to Geronimo
- How Native American cultures differed across the continent
- Native American religions and religious practices
- The stunning impact of disease on American Indianpopulations
- Modern movements to reclaim Native identity
- Great museums, books, and films about Native Americans
Packed with fascinating facts about functional and ceremonialclothing, homes and shelters, boatbuilding, hunting, agriculture, mythology, intertribal relations, and more, Native AmericanHistory For Dummies provides a dazzling and informativeintroduction to North America's first inhabitants.
This item is Non-Returnable.