CNN is reporting that a vicious new virus is wreaking havoc on the world's computer networks. Somebody's hacked one of your favorite Web sites and stolen thousands of credit card numbers. The FBI just released a new report on computer crime that's got you shaking in your boots.Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
CNN is reporting that a vicious new virus is wreaking havoc on the world's computer networks. Somebody's hacked one of your favorite Web sites and stolen thousands of credit card numbers. The FBI just released a new report on computer crime that's got you shaking in your boots. The experts will tell you that keeping your network safe from the cyber-wolves howling after your assets is complicated, expensive, and best left to them. But the truth is, anybody with a working knowledge of networks and computers can do just about everything necessary to defend their network against most security threats.
Network Security For Dummies arms you with quick, easy, low-cost solutions to all your network security concerns. Whether your network consists of one computer with a high-speed Internet connection or hundreds of workstations distributed across dozens of locations, you'll find what you need to confidently:
- Identify your network's security weaknesses
- Install an intrusion detection system
- Use simple, economical techniques to secure your data
- Defend against viruses
- Keep hackers at bay
- Plug security holes in individual applications
- Build a secure network from scratch
Leading national expert Chey Cobb fills you in on the basics of data security, and he explains more complex options you can use to keep your network safe as your grow your business. Among other things, you'll explore:
- Developing risk assessments and security plans
- Choosing controls without breaking the bank
- Anti-virus software, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and access controls
- Addressing Unix, Windows and Mac security issues
- Patching holes in email, databases, Windows Media Player, NetMeeting, AOL Instant Messenger, and other individual applications
- Securing a wireless network
- E-Commerce security
- Incident response and disaster recovery
Whether you run a storefront tax preparing business or you're the network administrator at a multinational accounting giant, your computer assets are your business. Let Network Security For Dummies provide you with proven strategies and techniques for keeping your precious assets safe.
This item is Non-Returnable.