If you think you know all about the Atkins Diet, think again With this streamlined version of the classic Atkins program, you'll learn how to shed pounds even as you slowly add more carbs--the right carbs, in the right order--back into your diet. Read more...
FREE Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
Customers Also Bought
If you think you know all about the Atkins Diet, think again With this streamlined version of the classic Atkins program, you'll learn how to shed pounds even as you slowly add more carbs--the right carbs, in the right order--back into your diet. "The New Atkins Made Easy" will guide you every step of the way with:
- Easy-to-follow steps to successful weight loss that ease the transition from one phase to the next
- Detailed shopping lists for the fresh foods and easy-to-find pantry staples that make losing weight delicious--and easy
- Tasty recipes such as Zucchini-Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, Cheesy Chicken and Green Bean Skillet, Chipotle Shrimp Salad, and Tiramisu Pudding
- Dozens of low-cook and no-cook options, including grab-and-go foods like Atkins snacks, shakes, and frozen meals
- Digital tools and apps to take the guesswork out of meal planning and tracking your progress
- Success stories from people just like you, who have used the new Atkins Diet to lose weight and keep it off
The new Atkins is more effective than ever, it's backed by decades of scientific research, and it's sustainable for a lifetime. If you're done with diets that leave you hungry and are looking for a healthy, delicious way of eating that leads to enhanced health, "The New Atkins Made Easy" is the program for you. Turn to the Week 1 shopping list on page 66, pick up some tasty foods at the grocery store, and start losing weight--today.
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2013-11-04
- Reviewer: Staff
Heimowitz, vice president of nutrition and education at Atkins Nutritionals Inc. has been employed by Atkins for more than 20 years; in that time she’s “seen and heard it all” when it comes to eating habits and weight reduction. Her mission here is to bring a new generation into the fold, and help readers navigate the Atkins diet with ease—with meal plans, recipes, shopping tips, and “step-by-step visuals.” Without fanfare, Heimowitz (The New Atkins for a New You) gets down to business: part one summarizes how Atkins works (in a nutshell, by cutting back on carbs so that the fat-burning metabolism kicks in). Part two gives readers a concise set of guidelines and then walks them through phase one (Kick-Start), phase two (Balancing), phase three premaintenance (Fine-Tuning), and phase four (Lifetime Maintenance). At each chapter’s conclusion, the author includes photos and first-person accounts of Atkins followers who have lost impressive amounts of weight on the plan. In part three, Heimowitz covers family meals as well as dining out, with suggestions for Japanese, Middle Eastern, Mexican, and other fare including fast-food chains. Part four presents a sampling of recipes, with more offered on the Atkins Web site. This straightforward guide to the popular protocol is a worthy addition to the evolving Atkins library. Agent: Joy Tutela, David Black Agency. (Dec.)