- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
Publisher: Blackstone Audiobooks$44.99
Customers Also Bought
- One Good Earl Deserves a Lover
- A Rogue by Any Other Name
- Ten Ways to Be Adored When ...
- Eleven Scandals to Start to...
- No Good Duke Goes Unpunished
- The Rogue Not Taken
- Sea Storm
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page 35.
- Review Date: 2010-02-08
- Reviewer: Staff
Combine a few tried and true romance tropes, like the wallflower spinster and the jaded rake, with some improbable but amusing misadventures, and you have the makings of an entertaining Regency debut. Lady Calpurnia Hartwell, a plain but wealthy 28-year-old who refuses to marry a man who only desires her fortune, acts on a long-held crush and flings herself at Gabriel St. John, marquess of Ralston. Gabriel finds her antics more amusing than enticing, but his half-wild half-sister needs an impeccable chaperone and he chooses Callie for the role. Their proximity creates an infinite series of opportunities for the rake to practice his wiles on the more than willing wallflower. The 19th-century clothes are luscious, the 21st-century sensibility is raunchy, and it’s all implausible, escapist fun. (Apr.)