As a result of a rigorous, methodical process that (ISC) follows to routinely update its credential exams, it has announced that enhancements will be made to both the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) credential, beginning April 15, 2015.Read more...
As a result of a rigorous, methodical process that (ISC) follows to routinely update its credential exams, it has announced that enhancements will be made to both the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) credential, beginning April 15, 2015. (ISC) conducts this process on a regular basis to ensure that the examinations and subsequent training and continuing professional education requirements encompass the topic areas relevant to the roles and responsibilities of today's practicing information security professionals.
Refreshed technical content has been added to the official (ISC) CISSP CBK to reflect the most current topics in the information security industry today. Some topics have been expanded (e.g., asset security, security assessment and testing), while other topics have been realigned under different domains. The result is an exam that most accurately reflects the technical and managerial competence required from an experienced information security professional to effectively design, engineer, implement and manage an organization's information security program within an ever-changing security landscape.
The domain names have been updated as follows:
CISSP Domains, Effective April 15, 2015
- Security and Risk Management (Security, Risk, Compliance, Law, Regulations, Business Continuity)
- Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
- Security Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
- Communications and Network Security (Designing and Protecting Network Security)
- Identity and Access Management (Controlling Access and Managing Identity)
- Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing)
- Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, Disaster Recovery)
- Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
Some candidates may be wondering how these updates affect training materials for the CISSP credential. As part of the organization's comprehensive education strategy and certifying body best practices, (ISC) training materials do not teach directly to its credential examinations. Rather, (ISC) Education is focused on teaching the core competencies relevant to the roles and responsibilities of today's practicing information security professional. It is designed to refresh and enhance the knowledge of experienced industry professionals.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781482262759
- ISBN-10: 1482262754
- Publisher: Auerbach Publications
- Publish Date: March 2015
- Page Count: 1304
- Dimensions: 10 x 7.2 x 2.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.2 pounds
Series: Isc2 Press