FREE Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceOvercoming Panic and Agoraphobia (Large Print Paperback)
Cognitive behavioral therapy was developed by psychiatrist Aaron T. Beck and is now internationally favored as a practical means of overcoming longstanding and disabling conditions, both psychological and physical. CBT is based on the idea that our thoughts cause our feelings and behaviors. Even when our situation does not change, if we change the self-defeating ways we think, we can make ourselves feel better. This positive, pragmatic approach is popular with therapists and patients alike.
The accessible, straightforward, and practical books in this series outline affordable and easy-to-follow treatment plans, and have provided tens of thousands of readers with the help they need to overcome self-defeating behavior and lead happier lives.
Books in the Overcoming Series:
* highlight the history and background of the disorder, who is likely to be affected, and what the main symptoms are
* provide a structure ideal for personal use or in a program using guided step-by-step self-help techniques like recordkeeping and problem-solving
* include diagnostic questionnaires, case studies, and workbook-style interactive exercises
* offer authoritative, commonsense solutions to pervasive, difficult emotional problems"