A quick and easy way to do more woodworking. Pocket hole joinery techniques simplify woodworking. For beginners and master craftsmen, the pocket hole joiner has become a favorite woodworking technique because it is easy to master and the tooling guarantees a strong joint every time.Read more...
A quick and easy way to do more woodworking. Pocket hole joinery techniques simplify woodworking. For beginners and master craftsmen, the pocket hole joiner has become a favorite woodworking technique because it is easy to master and the tooling guarantees a strong joint every time.
Pocket Hole Joinery is a must-read for beginner woodworkers and DIYers. Learn to use pocket hole joinery with step-by-step instructions and over 275 photographs and illustrations. And, you will also learn how to quickly and easily build durable cabinets and furniture.
Learn from an expert Author Mark Edmundson trained at the renowned College of the Redwoods Fine Woodworking Program. He is a teacher in Sandpoint, Idaho, and has been building furniture and cabinets professionally since 1998. As an educator, Edmundson understands the importance of mastering the basics. So before you dive into the projects, you begin with a solid understanding of pocket hole joinery:
- No expensive machinery is required
- Pocket hole basics - how screws work, why they hold so well and what's needed to drill holes.
- How to select the right jig for the job.
- Use pocket screws with dowels and biscuits.
- Properly clamp - it's the most important part of the assembly.
Great projects at your fingertips. Pocket Hole Joinery offers a complete course in pocket hole joinery. After you've learned the basics you will impress your friends and family by creating:
- Cabinet based projects - box, face frame, and cabinet base.
- Furniture projects - window seat, dresser, bed, pedestal table, end table with shelf, and bookcase/storage unit.
- Small projects - picture frame/mirror, edge-banding, shop jigs, and project mock-ups.
- ISBN-13: 9781621136743
- ISBN-10: 1621136744
- Publisher: Taunton Press
- Publish Date: September 2014
- Page Count: 192
- Dimensions: 10.85 x 8.51 x 0.47 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.37 pounds