Teachers will get concise lesson plans they can use to easily supplement their existing writing curriculum. From 20 to 50 minutes each, the lessons
- address types of writing that are key to academic success, such as writing reports and constructing essays for standardized tests
- help with every phase of the writing process, from planning to revising
- reinforce new skills through group and individual practice
- ensure that improvements are sustained by teaching students critical self-regulation skills they can use independently
- support effective instruction with step-by-step guidelines and optional scripts for teachers
- engage students with mnemonic devices they'll immediately grasp and remember
- include fun photocopiable support materials, such as cue cards, picture prompts, sheets for graphing story parts, and charts for brainstorming and setting goals
Firmly grounded in the authors' Self-Regulated Strategy Development approach, which has been proven effective by 2 decades of research, these brief, powerful lessons will help transform struggling students into confident, skilled, and motivated writers.
This item is Non-Returnable.