Whether you're dealing with one person or one thousand, the ability to transmit ideas in a coherent and compelling fashion is one of the most important skills you can ever develop. Want to impress your colleagues? Convince your clients? Prove your point?Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
Whether you're dealing with one person or one thousand, the ability to transmit ideas in a coherent and compelling fashion is one of the most important skills you can ever develop. Want to impress your colleagues? Convince your clients? Prove your point? The key to success is what you say. To get what you want in life, you have to present yourself forcefully, credibly, and convincingly.
If you need to land that big consulting job or launch a new initiative at the office, knowing how to present your case is half the battle. Luckily, Presentations For Dummies shows you the way. It gives you all the tools and tips you need to make your presentations flawless and effective, including proven advice on:
- Relating to your audience
- Overcoming stage fright
- Adding flare with personal stories
- Using humor to loosen up the crowd
- Making your point with visual aids
From getting prepared to dealing with unexpected problems while you're the focus of attention, this handy guide covers everything you need to make all your presentations flawless. You'll learn how to create fantastic, effective visual aids that make your point with passion, and a whole lot more:
- Gathering sources and compiling data
- Organizing your ideas
- Improving your timing for maximum impact
- Using your pre-presentation nerves as an asset
- Choosing the perfect word in every instance
- Crafting an introduction, conclusion, and transitions
- Using PowerPoint to make your point
- Understanding what body language says about you
- Simple tricks for every situation
Written by consultant, humorist, and professional speaker Malcolm Kushner, Presentations For Dummies tells you everything you need to know -- and do -- to get it right from the start. But be careful, this powerful resource could make your presentations so good that you might have to give more of them.
This item is Non-Returnable.