During his college years, the very family solidarity that allowed Francisco to survive as a child is tested. Read more...
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceMas Alla de Mi Reaching Out Spanish Edition = Reaching Out (Paperback - Spanish)
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin$7.99
During his college years, the very family solidarity that allowed Francisco to survive as a child is tested. Not only must he leave his family behind when he goes to Santa Clara University, but while Francisco is there, his father abandons the family and returns to Mexico. This is the story of how Francisco coped with poverty, with his guilt over leaving his family financially strapped, with his self-doubt about succeeding academically, and with separation. Once again his telling is honest, true, and inspiring.
- ISBN-13: 9780547250304
- ISBN-10: 0547250304
- Publisher: Graphia Books
- Publish Date: September 2009
- Page Count: 196
- Reading Level: Ages 12-UP
- Dimensions: 6.9 x 4.9 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.35 pounds
Books > Young Adult Nonfiction > Biography & Autobiography - Cultural Heritage
Books > Young Adult Nonfiction > People & Places - United States - Hispanic & Latino
Books > Young Adult Nonfiction > Family - General (see also headings under Social Topics)