What are the ingredients of a successful and enduring relationship? Love, passion, and commitment are all vital--yet without certain basic skills, even the most devoted partners can find themselves descending into arguments, power struggles, and disillusionment.Read more...
What are the ingredients of a successful and enduring relationship? Love, passion, and commitment are all vital--yet without certain basic skills, even the most devoted partners can find themselves descending into arguments, power struggles, and disillusionment. With The Relationship Skills Workbook, Dr. Julia Colwell presents a practical guide for building a conscious partnership based on cooperation and trust--offering relationship-saving techniques and on-the-spot conflict resolution tools for disarming the explosive clashes that most commonly break couples apart.
In this friendly and easy-to-use resource, Dr. Colwell teaches you essential tools for:
- Crisis and conflict first aid--communication strategies and emotional mastery techniques to stop arguing and start connecting
- Getting unstuck from power struggles--how to shift from deadlock to mutual responsibility and support
- Ending the blame game--letting go of accusation and resentment to create win-win agreements
- Supporting each other's growth and success--how to retain your personal autonomy while fully committing to your partner's happiness
- Moving from reactivity to creative solutions--techniques to keep your brain's flight-or-fight instinct from undermining your heart's desires
- Sustaining love, passion, and romance--how you can choose to create a magnificent relationship together
"Relationships, while seemingly complicated, don't have to be so mysterious," Dr. Colwell says. "What I've learned from my decades of personal and professional experiences is that a few elegantly simple concepts and skills can help any couple through the most difficult spots--and help us transform conflict into intimacy, passion, and ever-deepening love."
- ISBN-13: 9781622032273
- ISBN-10: 1622032276
- Publisher: Sounds True
- Publish Date: October 2014
- Page Count: 224
- Dimensions: 10.02 x 8.04 x 0.61 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.06 pounds