Revisit, Reflect, Retell, Updated Edition : Time-Tested Strategies for Teaching Reading Comprehension [With CDROM and DVD]
Overview - I cannot imagine being a teacher and not having a resource like this at my fingertips. So my advice to fellow teachers is to get the book and get busy engaging your students in ways you never thought possible. - P. David Pearson University of California, Berkeley This updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell incorporates the newest approaches to enhancing students' higher- level cognitive skills in teacher friendly ways. Read more...
Paperback - Revised Ed.
+ Add to Wishlist
20% off for Members: Get the Club Price
Add to Cart
New & Used Marketplace 22 copies from $5.47
More About Revisit, Reflect, Retell, Updated Edition by Linda Hoyt
I cannot imagine being a teacher and not having a resource like this at my fingertips. So my advice to fellow teachers is to get the book and get busy engaging your students in ways you never thought possible. - P. David Pearson University of California, Berkeley This updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell incorporates the newest approaches to enhancing students' higher- level cognitive skills in teacher friendly ways. - Robert J. Marzano Coauthor of Building Academic Vocabulary This exciting update of Hoy's classic Revisit, Reflect, Retell helps us see how comprehension skills are really thinking skills - how our goal in reading comprehension instruction is nothing short of helping students learn to think in increasingly sophisticated ways.... A masterful teacher and coach, Hoyt takes us inside her thinking about how instructional strategies fit together to promote student learning. Even if you have a well-worn copy of the original Revisit, Reflect, Retell, you will, like me, want to scoop up this new edition. - Nell K. Duke Co-Director of the Literacy Achievement Research Center at Michigan State University, Coauthor of Reading and Writing Informational Text in the Primary Grades: Research-based Practices For ten years and in hundreds of thousands of classrooms, Revisit, Reflect, Retell has been a teacher's most reliableresourcefor helping students experience deeper levels of understanding. Now, Linda Hoyt returns with an updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell that's loaded with new, teacher-friendly features and several new strategies, making it more useful than ever.
- A new first chapter shows how to scaffold instruction for deep engagement and provides a thorough grounding in the research.
- Important new correlation tables directly link Linda's strategies to the seven comprehension strands as well as to Robert Marzano's Classifications of Thinking - you'll quickly match the right strategies to your objectives.
- A DVD shares footage of Linda working with students, demonstrating key teaching moves, and modeling effective classroom language as she implements two new strategies.
- A CD of full-color learning tools from the text makes it easy to customize and print handouts that correspond with the strategies.
- Dozens of new photos show you exactly what Linda's strategies look like in action and across the grades.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780325025797
- ISBN-10: 0325025797
- Publisher: Heinemann Educational Books
- Publish Date: November 2008
- Page Count: 256
- Reading Level: Ages 5-13
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.5 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.49 pounds