Focusing on the human and inhuman aspects of the war, The Routledge Atlas of the Second World War includes examination of:
- military, naval and air campaigns on all the war fronts
- the war on land, at sea and in the air
- the economic and social aspects of the war
- the global nature of the war, in armed combat and in suffering
- the impact of the war on civilians, both under occupation, and as deportees and refugees
- the aftermath of the war: post-war political and national boundaries; war graves; and the human cost of the war on every continent.
This paperback edition includes several updates to existing maps, as well as ten new maps, specially drawn for this edition. The new maps include examinations of Japanese- American and African- American soldiers serving with the United States Army, British women special agents, Belgium at War, and the German occupation of the Channel Islands."