The Secret Garden
Overview - The Secret Garden , by Frances Hodgson Burnett , is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 44 copies from $2.99
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Secret Garden (Hardcover)
Publisher: Puffin Books$16.99The Secret Garden (Paperback)
Publisher: Vintage Children's Classics$11.99
More About The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett; Jill MullerOverviewThe Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett, is part of the Barnes & Noble Classicsseries, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of Barnes & Noble Classics
- New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars
- Biographies of the authors
- Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work
- Comments by other famous authors
- Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations
- Bibliographies for further reading
- Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate
Mary also discovers a literal secret garden, hidden behind a locked gate on her uncle s estate, neglected for the ten years since Colin s birth and his mother s death. Together with a local child named Dickon, Mary and Colin transform the garden into a paradise bursting with life and color. Through their newfound mutual love of nature, they nurture each other, until they are brought back to health and happiness.
With Charles Robinson's original illustrations.Jill Muller was born in England and educated at Mercy College and Columbia University. She currently teaches at Mercy College and Columbia University. She is the author of Gerard Manley Hopkins and Victorian Catholicism, in addition to articles on Joyce, Newman, Hopkins, and the medieval women mystics."