- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceSir Cumference and the Viking's Map (Library Binding)
Publisher: Turtleback Books$18.40
Customers Also Bought
- Sir Cumference and the Drag...
- Sir Cumference
- Sir Cumference and the Roun...
- Sir Cumference and the Off-...
- Sir Cumference and the Isle...
- Sir Cumference and All the ...
- ISBN-13: 9781570917929
- ISBN-10: 1570917922
- Publisher: Charlesbridge Publishing
- Publish Date: February 2012
- Page Count: 32
- Reading Level: Ages 8-12
Series: Charlesbridge Math Adventures (Paperback)
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2012-01-30
- Reviewer: Staff
In the seventh addition to the Sir Cumference series, cousins Per and Radius are lost in the medieval countryside when they discover a map decorated with two hand “axes” featuring X and Y coordinates. The map promises to lead them to treasure belonging to Viking Xaxon Yellowbearyd. As Per and Radius follow the map on horseback, they discover additional X and Y coordinate clues left by Xaxon, which readers can help them locate on the large map. Outwitting a gang of bandits, Per and Radius follow the last coordinates to Xaxon’s ghost, who gives them the treasure (in the form of more maps). Neuschwander does an admirable job of injecting humor (namely, some groan-inducing puns) and action (bandits! ghosts!) into this explanation of coordinates and axes, and Geehan’s thickly worked paintings contribute some drama of their own. Ages 8–11. (Feb.)