Customers Also Bought
- Snowmen at Christmas
- Snowmen at Work
- Snowmen at Night
- Little Star
- Who's That Knocking on Chri...
- The Animals' Santa
- A Very Long Night Before Ch...
- Sparkles the Christmas Pony
Sandra Ann Nowicki
- The Snow Globe Family
- Christmas Train Shaped Cove...
- The Mitten
- Christmas in the Barn
Margaret Wise Brown
- The Year of the Perfect Chr...
- A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas
- The Jolly Christmas Postman
- The Gift of the Christmas C...
Dandi Daley Mackall
ItAs hilarious, happy wish fulfillment that kids will adore. As "Kirkus" said of the first book, AIt would be difficult not to fall in love with this rollicking flight of imagination.A
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2010-11-01
- Reviewer: Staff
In their third Snowmen title, the Buehners portray a gap-toothed boy's gleefully silly fantasies about playing with his lovable snowman year-round ("On summer evenings in the dark/ We'd chase some fireflies,/ Or sleep out in the quiet woods/ Beneath the starry skies"). On a stormy evening, the boy and his snowman play chess (the snowman's pieces are all miniature snowmen), and on Halloween, they go trick-or-treating (no costume required for the snowman). Mark Buehner's paintings delight in showing off the joyfully absurd situations and rapport between the boy and his friend, never more so than when the snowman does a nosedive into a backyard pool. Ages 3–6. (Oct.)