So-called "funeral food" is having a moment.Read more...
So-called "funeral food" is having a moment. Comforting casseroles; jugs of sweet tea; creamy, cheesy potatoes--all these foods provide sympathy and sustenance for the bereaved. The Southern Sympathy Cookbook includes unexpectedly humorous obituaries and anecdotes alongside staples of Southern funerals such as:
- Three Bean Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
- Fried Chicken
- Pulled Pork with Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls
Whether feeding a congregation, delivering a meal to a friend in need, or cooking with weekday leftovers in mind, home cooks will embrace these recipes, guaranteed to comfort and to please a crowd.
- ISBN-13: 9781682680384
- ISBN-10: 168268038X
- Publisher: Countryman Press
- Publish Date: January 2018
- Page Count: 176
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 7.3 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.05 pounds