Customers Also Bought
* Develop a competitive advantage to win the best jobs and opportunities.
* Strengthen your professional network by building powerful alliances and maintaining a diverse mix of relationships. * Find the unique breakout opportunities that massively accelerate career growth.
* Take proactive risks to become more resilient to industry tsunamis.
* Tap your network for information and intelligence that help you make smarter decisions. A revolutionary new guide to thriving in today's fractured world of work, the strategies in this book will help you survive and thrive and achieve your boldest professional ambitions. The Start-Up of You empowers you to become the CEO of your career and take control of your future.
- ISBN-13: 9780307888907
- ISBN-10: 0307888908
- Publisher: Crown Business
- Publish Date: February 2012
- Page Count: 260
- Dimensions: 8.46 x 5.77 x 0.96 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.83 pounds
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2011-12-19
- Reviewer: Staff
LinkedIn cofounder and chairman Hoffman and entrepreneur Casnocha (My Start-Up Life) show how to adapt to the challenges of professional life and achieve career goals by behaving like an entrepreneur in this innovative approach to career management. Recognizing the similarities between business strategies employed by successful startups and career strategies used by top individuals, Hoffman began to ponder individuals as startup ventures and realized the importance of utilizing an entrepreneurial mindset to forge new careers. Given the new economic landscape, where young talent is stuck at the bottom of the employment ladder, retirement-age employees are staying on the job, and stalemated middle-aged workers are stalled in limbo, workers at all levels need to develop strategies to gain opportunities, improve their competitive edge, and expand their networks—in other words, obtain a startup mindset and skills. To do so, the authors show how to combine assets, aspirations, and market realities and adapt as needed, emphasizing the necessity of building real, lasting relationships and establishing a powerful professional network. With plenty of valuable guidance relevant to any career stage, this book will help readers not only survive professionally in times of uncertainty but stand out from the pack and flourish. Agent: Lisa DiMona, Lark Productions. (Feb.)