In The Media
August 20, 2012
FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Start-Up of You (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
Publisher: Random House Audio$35.00
Customers Also Bought
- Why Be Happy When You Could...
- Catching Fire
- Mockingjay - The Hunger Gam...
- At Last
Edward St. Aubyn
- Rugby for Dummies
- Beyond Performance Management
- Escape from Camp 14
Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged
- More About The Start-Up of You by Reid Hoffman; Ben CasnochaOverviewLinkedIn co-founder and chairman Hoffman and author Casnocha show readers how to accelerate their career in today's competitive world. The key is to manage one's career as if it were a start-up business--a living, breathing, growing start-up of you.
Publishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2011-12-19
- Reviewer: Staff
LinkedIn cofounder and chairman Hoffman and entrepreneur Casnocha (My Start-Up Life) show how to adapt to the challenges of professional life and achieve career goals by behaving like an entrepreneur in this innovative approach to career management. Recognizing the similarities between business strategies employed by successful startups and career strategies used by top individuals, Hoffman began to ponder individuals as startup ventures and realized the importance of utilizing an entrepreneurial mindset to forge new careers. Given the new economic landscape, where young talent is stuck at the bottom of the employment ladder, retirement-age employees are staying on the job, and stalemated middle-aged workers are stalled in limbo, workers at all levels need to develop strategies to gain opportunities, improve their competitive edge, and expand their networks—in other words, obtain a startup mindset and skills. To do so, the authors show how to combine assets, aspirations, and market realities and adapt as needed, emphasizing the necessity of building real, lasting relationships and establishing a powerful professional network. With plenty of valuable guidance relevant to any career stage, this book will help readers not only survive professionally in times of uncertainty but stand out from the pack and flourish. Agent: Lisa DiMona, Lark Productions. (Feb.)