How do you create effective STEM classrooms that energize students, help them grow into creative thinkers and collaborators, and prepare them for their futures? This practical book from expert Anne Jolly has all the answers and tools you need to get started or enhance your current program.Read more...
How do you create effective STEM classrooms that energize students, help them grow into creative thinkers and collaborators, and prepare them for their futures? This practical book from expert Anne Jolly has all the answers and tools you need to get started or enhance your current program. Based on the author's popular MiddleWeb blog of the same name, STEM by Design reveals the secrets to successful lessons in which students use science, math, and technology to solve real-world engineering design problems. You'll learn how to:
- Select and adapt quality existing STEM lessons that present authentic problems, allow for creative approaches, and engage students in meaningful teamwork;
- Create your own student-centered STEM lessons based on the Engineering Design Process;
- Assess students' understanding of basic STEM concepts, their problem-solving abilities, and their level of engagement with the material;
- Teach STEM in after-school programs to further build on concepts covered in class;
- Empower girls to aspire to careers in STEM and break down the barriers of gender bias;
- Tap into STEM's project-based learning style to attract and engage all students.
Throughout this user-friendly book, you'll find design tools such as checklists, activities, and assessments to aid you in developing or adapting STEM lessons. These tools, as well as additional teacher resources, are also available as free downloads from the book's website, http: //www.stem-by-design.com.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781138931060
- ISBN-10: 1138931063
- Publisher: Routledge
- Publish Date: July 2016
- Page Count: 184
- Dimensions: 9.6 x 6.7 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.75 pounds