In this very personal book, Stirling Moss guides the reader through his motor racing life with a fascinating, insightful and often amusing commentary to an unrivalled collection of over 300 photographs, many of which will be unfamiliar to even his most ardent fans.Read more...
In this very personal book, Stirling Moss guides the reader through his motor racing life with a fascinating, insightful and often amusing commentary to an unrivalled collection of over 300 photographs, many of which will be unfamiliar to even his most ardent fans. He takes us from his childhood to the height of his fame as 'Mr Motor Racing' and then to the sudden end of his career with that crash at Goodwood in 1962. Along the way we dwell on his finest moments as well as the setbacks, and delight in the sheer variety of machinery - almost 100 different cars - in which he competed during his rollercoaster racing life. This is a book that all motor racing enthusiasts will treasure.
- Starting in 1948, he made his name in little 500cc Coopers, moving towards stardom in HWM, ERA and Cooper F2 cars, then his own F1 Maserati 250F.
- The 1955 Mercedes season and its twin highlights - winning the Mille Miglia and the British Grand Prix.
- His longing to win in British cars was rewarded with two fine F1 seasons at Vanwall (1957-58), with whom he came very close to winning the F1 World Championship, and sports car successes with Aston Martin.
- Rear-engined Cooper and Lotus F1 cars with Rob Walker (1958-62), including two celebrated Monaco GP wins.
- Two-seater variety: the amazing range of sports cars he drove included Jaguars (XK120, C-type and D-type), Maseratis (150S to 450S), Ferraris (250 GT SWB and Testa Rossa) and Porsches (550 Spyder to RS61), plus Frazer Nash Le Mans Replica, Osca, Healey 100S, Cooper 'Bobtail' and more.
- Ever busy and versatile: rallying with Sunbeams, trialling a Harford special, Bonneville record-breaking with MG EX181, saloon car racing in a humble Standard Ten - and even a kart race.
- Published to mark the 60th anniversary of Moss's famous win in the 1955 Mille Miglia road race in a Mercedes 300SLR.
Foreword by 2014 Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton.
- ISBN-13: 9781910505069
- ISBN-10: 1910505064
- Publisher: Evro Publishing Limited
- Publish Date: May 2015
- Page Count: 304
- Dimensions: 11.3 x 9.5 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds