Straight Talk on Armed Defense : What the Experts Want You to Know
Overview - In Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know , Massad Ayoob and the nation's leading experts on personal protection, self-defense and concealed carry deliver authoritative guidance from their areas of expertise and personal experience. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 21 copies from $14.92
More About Straight Talk on Armed Defense by Massad Ayoob
In Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know, Massad Ayoob and the nation's leading experts on personal protection, self-defense and concealed carry deliver authoritative guidance from their areas of expertise and personal experience. In chapters by distinguished authors hand-picked by Massad Ayoob:
- John Hearne takes us "inside the defender's head" and reveals the most effective route to train and prepare for self-defense incidents.
- Dr. Anthony Semone discusses post-shooting trauma and necessary steps to develop resilience and symptom reduction following a deadly force event.
- Dr. Alexis Artwohl explains why understanding how the mind operates is critical to surviving an attack and the legal and emotional challenges that follow.
- Dr. William Aprill describes "the face of the enemy" to help us understand violence and those who traffic in it.
- Craig "Southnarc" Douglas details the conditions present during the typical criminal assault and how to incorporate those conditions into your training.
- Massad Ayoob discusses power, responsibility and the armed lifestyle.
- Tom Givens underscores the importance of finding relevant training, through case studies of his own students involved in armed encounters.
- "Spencer Blue," active robbery/homicide detective, reveals patterns that emerged during his investigations and describes the differences in tactics of citizens who won versus those who lost.
- Ron Borsch presents dozens of actual cases of armed and unarmed citizens single-handedly stopping mass murders in progress.
- Harvey Hedden provides insight and advice to guide lawfully armed citizens in interactions with law enforcement.
- Jim Fleming, Esq. describes the criminal trial process and how it plays out in a "righteous use of deadly force in self-defense" case.
- Marty Hayes, JD, provides the critical questions that must be asked to choose a reliable post-self-defense incident support provider.
- ISBN-13: 9781440247545
- ISBN-10: 1440247544
- Publisher: Gun Digest Books
- Publish Date: June 2017
- Page Count: 256
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.65 pounds