Survival Japanese : How to Communicate Without Fuss or Fear Instantly! (a Japanese Phrasebook)
Overview - A handy Japanese phrasebook and guide to the Japanese language, Survival Japanese contains basic vocabulary necessary for traveling in Japan. This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Japanese in of setting. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 23 copies from $4.81
More About Survival Japanese by Boye Lafayette De Mente; Junji Kawai
A handy Japanese phrasebook and guide to the Japanese language, Survival Japanese contains basic vocabulary necessary for traveling in Japan. This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Japanese in of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Japanese or traveling to Japan, it also contains a beginner guide to the Japanese language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Japanese than a typical Japanese phrasebook or Japanese dictionary. The phrasebook is broken into two sections: Common Japanese Expressions and Key Words, and Japanese Pronunciation Guides for Key Japanese Names and Signs. All Japanese words and phrases are written in Romanized form as well phonetically, making pronouncing Japanese a breeze. For example, the word for "hotel," hoteru is also written as hoe-tay-rue. Authentic Japanese script (Kanji and Kana) is also included so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to a native Japanese-speaker. Key features of Survival Japanese include:
- Hundreds of useful Japanese words and expressions.
- A short Japanese dictionary in the back
- Up-to-date expressions for the internet, mobile, and social media
- Romanized forms, phonetic spellings, and Japanese script (Kanji and Kana) for all words and phrases.
- Tone markings indicated for all words and phrases
- A concise background and history of the Japanese language.
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including long vowels, double consonants, and accents.
- A guide to Japanese grammar including word order, questions, singular vs. plural, and formal, vs. informal.