In Talking to Children About Divorce, Jean McBride provides you with the tools and encouragement to effectively communicate with your child about divorce. McBride brings her more than twenty-five years of specializing in divorce to guide you through crucial but difficult conversations and cultivate an environment of love and support throughout the divorce process. You'll learn how to have honest conversations about different situations and emotions that may arise during divorce-from breaking the news to understanding resistance.
Whether you're beginning the divorce process, or have been working through it for a while, Talking to Children About Divorce offers practical advice that will contribute positively to your child's emotional wellbeing.
Learn to initiate open communication, with:
- Concrete actions to help your children weather the emotions of divorce.
- Useful scripts to guide you through a variety of situations throughout the divorce process.
- Simple steps to improve communication, both with your former spouse and with your children.
- 10 tips to maintain co-parenting success and promote healthy, happy, well-adjusted children.
- ISBN-13: 9781623156855
- ISBN-10: 1623156858
- Publisher: Althea Press
- Publish Date: February 2016
- Page Count: 146
- Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds