Tarzan of the Apes
Overview - Tarzan of the Apes , by Edgar Rice Burroughs , is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 37 copies from $3.06
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceTarzan of the Apes (Paperback)
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA$8.95Tarzan of the Apes (Paperback)
Publisher: Modern Library$10.00Tarzan of the Apes (Large Print Hardcover)
Publisher: BiblioLife$34.99Tarzan of the Apes (Mass Market Paperback)
Publisher: Signet Book$5.99Tarzan of the Apes (Paperback - Revised Ed.)
Publisher: Dover Publications$5.95Tarzan of the Apes (Mass Market Paperback)
Publisher: Ballantine Books$6.99Tarzan of the Apes (Paperback - Revised Ed.)
Publisher: Dover Publications$5.95
More About Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs; Maura SpiegelOverviewTarzan of the Apes, by Edgar Rice Burroughs, is part of the Barnes & Noble Classicsseries, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of Barnes & Noble Classics
- New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars
- Biographies of the authors
- Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work
- Comments by other famous authors
- Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations
- Bibliographies for further reading
- Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate
First published in 1914, Tarzan of the Apes is the first of several works by Edgar Rice Burroughs that delineate Tarzan s manifold and amazing feats. Despite his reputation as a pulp writer, Burroughs spins an exhilarating yarn detailing the laws of the jungle and the intricate dilemmas of the British gentry as he examines the struggle between heredity and environment.Maura Spiegel teaches literature and film at Columbia University and Barnard College. She is the co-author of The Grim Reader and of The Breast Book: An Intimate and Curious History. She co-edits the journal Literature and Medicine."
This item is Non-Returnable.