Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics : Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades Pre-K-2 (Volume I), with Enhanced Pearson Etext --Access Car
Overview - NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Read more...
In Stock Online.
Free Shipping is not available for this item.
New & Used Marketplace 13 copies from $48.43
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceTeaching Student-Centered Mathematics (Paperback)
Publisher: Pearson$52.99Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics (Paperback)
More About Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics by John A. Van De Walle; Louann H. Lovin; Karen S. Karp; Jennifer M. Bay-WilliamsOverviewNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. For courses in Elementary Mathematics Methods and for classroom teachers. This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the print bound version. A practical, comprehensive, student-centered approach to effective mathematical instruction for grades Pre-K-2.
Helping students make connections between mathematics and their worlds--and helping them feel empowered to use math in their lives--is the focus of this widely popular guide. Designed for classroom teachers, the book focuses on specific grade bands and includes information on creating an effective classroom environment, aligning teaching to various standards and practices, such as the Common Core State Standards and NCTM's teaching practices, and engaging families. The first portion of the book addresses how to build a student-centered environment in which children can become mathematically proficient, while the second portion focuses on practical ways to teach important concepts in a student-centered fashion. The new edition features a corresponding Enhanced Pearson eText version with links to embedded videos, blackline masters, downloadable teacher resource and activity pages, lesson plans, activities correlated to the CCSS, and tables of common errors and misconceptions. This book is part of the Student-Centered Mathematics Series, which is designed with three objectives: to illustrate what it means to teach student-centered, problem-based mathematics, to serve as a reference for the mathematics content and research-based instructional strategies suggested for the specific grade levels, and to present a large collection of high quality tasks and activities that can engage students in the mathematics that is important for them to learn. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
- 0134556437 / 9780134556437 Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades Pre-K-2 (Volume I)
- 0134556453 / 9780134556451 Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades Pre-K-2 (Volume I), Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- ISBN-13: 9780134090689
- ISBN-10: 0134090683
- Publisher: Pearson
- Publish Date: January 2017
- Page Count: 421
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.95 pounds
Series: Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics