They were the original power couple-- outlandishly rich, impossibly attractive, and endlessly fascinating. Now, in this rare, behind-the-scenes portrait of the Kenne-dys in their final year together, #1 "New York Times" bestselling biographer Christopher Andersen shows us a side of JFK and Jackie we've never seen before. Read more...
- Retail Price:
FREE Shipping for Club Members
What is a Bargain?
Customers Also Bought
"The days dwindle down, to a precious few . . ." --from "September Song," JFK's favorite
They were the original power couple-- outlandishly rich, impossibly attractive, and endlessly fascinating. Now, in this rare, behind-the-scenes portrait of the Kenne-dys in their final year together, #1 "New York Times" bestselling biographer Christopher Andersen shows us a side of JFK and Jackie we've never seen before. Tender, intimate, complex, and, at times, explosive, theirs is a love story unlike any other--filled with secrets, scandals, and bomb-shells that could never be fully revealed . . . until now. Including:
- Stunning new details about the Kennedys' rumored affairs--hers as well as his--and how they ultimately overcame all odds to save their marriage
- The president's many premonitions of his own death, and how he repeatedly tried to pull out of his last fateful trip to Dallas
- Shocking revelations about how the couple, unaware of the dangers, became dependent on amphetamine injections, the real reason-- according to his longtime personal physician-- for JFK's notorious libido, and how the White House hid his many serious medical problems from the public
- How the tragic death of their infant son Patrick led to an emotional outpouring from the president that surprised even their closest friends--and brought JFK and Jackie closer than they had ever been
- Touching firsthand accounts of the family's most private moments, before and after the assassination
Drawing on hundreds of interviews conducted with the Kennedys' inner circle--from family members and lifelong friends to key advisors and political confidantes--Andersen takes us deeper inside the world of the president and his first lady than ever before. Unsparing yet sym-pathetic, bigger than life but all too real, "These Few Precious Days" captures the ups and downs of a marriage, a man, and a woman, the memories of which will continue to fascinate and inspire for generations to come.
- ISBN-13: 9781476732329
- ISBN-10: 1476732329
- Publisher: Gallery Books
- Publish Date: August 2013
- Page Count: 324